NEWLY RELEASED: Workbook with mini lessons. Use as a self-help or with a series of teachings by mamaCD.org Rev. Cathy Dickson. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Each Session includes an optional weigh-in/BMI calculation, homework review. Lesson & Discussion and Homework assignment.
This program is unique from any other out there. Trust me, I’ve read and tried most of them, just like you have. This one is based on Biblical Principles focusing on the Bread of Life not rules and regulations of what, where, when, how or why to eat certain foods.
“Seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you” (Mt 6:33)
Topics and Home Work
1. Confronting Excuses: “but they all alike began to make excuses…” Luke 14:18-20; Moses said, “Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent in speech …” “therefore you have no excuse, o man, everyone who judges.. for in passing judgement on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things” Rom 2:1; Ex 4: 10-14; “my people perish for lack of vision” Prov 29:18; “In you, Lord my God, I put my trust” Ps 25:1
HomeWork My Excuses vs What God Says Chart
2. Goal Setting: “–“Where there is no prophetic vision the people cast off restraint, but blessed is the one who heeds wisdom’s instruction” (Prov 29:18). HomeWork
- Creating a Vision Board
3. Portion Distortion:
- “Honest weights and balances belong to the Lord; he sets the standards for fairness”. (Prov 16:11). “A false balance is an abomination to the Lord: but a just weight is his delight
HomeWork Journal for 7days Record your eating honestly. Within God Given Boundaries?
4. Gardening: Pulling out the Roots of Overindulgence: breaking off generational curses, habits, addictions, fears “If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins…”1 John 1:9; “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.” Romans 8:1-2; “…Forgive, and you will be forgiven” Luke 6:37
HomeWork Breaking Free of Generational Curses, Habits, Addictions and Fears checklist guide for personal prayer (confession, denouncing sins, re-alignment)
5. The Best Food: physical nutritional and diet plans discussed; pros-cons; Canada’s Food Guide; Bible/Rainbow/Genesis Diet; Vegan, Vegetarian, Low Carb, Paleo comparisons
HomeWork Revelation Scripture or Bible story that the Holy Spirit speaks to you regarding food, eating, Spirit led life etc. (to be shared next week with group) Spiritual Diet- Jesus said, “my food is to do the will of Him who sent me, and to finish His work” John 4:34
6. Pharoah’s Control vs. Freedom: 10 plagues of Egypt (natural mind)—the 10 thought patterns that keep us in bondage ending with the death of the first born, our Adamic nature (sin/flesh nature) Plagues of Blood, frogs, gnats, flies, against livestock, boils, hail, locusts, darkness, firstborn. Exodus
HomeWork Identifying each plague in your mind (self-talk) that has kept you in bondage until now
7. Our Vision, Purpose & Destiny: thought, emotions, actions, habits, prophetic words, hobbies, education. Identifying your purpose & destiny and discovering the path to fulfillment. “Where there is no prophetic vision, the people cast off restraint” Prov 29:18
HomeWork Emotional Log
8. Law & Order: diet rules (law) or Spirit led (order)=Freedom in Christ; Taking back self-control with Blossoming Fruit “Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and death” Rom 8:2
HomeWork Write your Spiritual Mission Statement
9. LOVE-covers a multitude of sins: Ego vs Altruism: learning to love yourself and treat yourself with God’s love, not anger, punishment but joy in the Holy Spirit; “ speaking the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ” Eph 4:15
HomeWork Daily look in your own eyes in the mirror and let the Spirit of the Lord speak through you to you, “I love you…” (add affirmations of who you are in Christ) Journal your reactions
10. Bumps, Road blocks, Stumbling and Pride: Expect opposition, be ready in season and out of season; “stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour” 1 Peter 5:8; “No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.” 1 Cor 10:13
HomeWork record the ways of escape that God made this week
11. Co-creators of our Destiny: spirit-soul-body connection; God gives us the desires of our heart (those desires that are placed there by God) Mind/Will/Emotional entrainment to the desires of your heart Ps 37:4; “what I fear most overtakes me. What I dread happens to me” Job 3:25
HomeWork Journal Key Verse; Focus; Feelings; Tips
12. Overcomers! Testimony week, PTL! We’ve been made more than conquerors, overcomers in this life. “They who overcame by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony’ (Rev 12:11)